Updated August 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a disruptive, stressful influence on all of our lives. As a member of the Dominican University community, I understand that I have an important role in keeping myself healthy and in protecting others from the spread of this virus. My commitment to the following community expectations is a lived expression of Dominican caritas and veritas.
- Extending patience and support to others, knowing that this is a complex and stressful situation for all
- Fostering a just and humane campus climate by treating each person fairly and with respect, and helping one another to adhere to this commitment with compassion and empathy
- Complying with the University’s vaccination policy
- Following recommendations and requirements related to travel and gatherings on and off campus
- Apprising visitors and guests on campus, including in the residence halls, of Dominican’s policies
- Washing my hands frequently with soap and water or sanitizing them regularly
- Complying with mask mandates, when in place
- Practicing respiratory etiquette and covering my cough/sneeze
- Cleaning and disinfecting my personal space, shared common space, and my belongings daily
Monitor and Care
- Conducting daily self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19
- Reporting any positive COVID-19 tests to the COVID Tracker
- Agreeing to self-isolate if I test positive for COVID-19 and to follow guidance on returning to campus
- Participating in COVID-19 testing, if required
- Participating fully and honestly with contact tracing to determine whom I may have exposed to COVID-19
I understand that Dominican University may modify these guidelines and expectations, based on the fluidity of the COVID-19 virus. It is my responsibility to stay informed to protect myself and the University community. I also acknowledge that these expectations are a condition of my enrollment and/or employment and that any failure to comply with the Caritas Commitment may lead to disciplinary action.
I understand COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and it is possible to contract the disease, even if I follow all of the safety precautions above and those recommended by the CDC, local health department, and other agencies. I understand that, although the University is following the guidelines issued by the CDC and other experts to reduce the spread of infection, I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections.
I understand that Dominican University is not responsible, and cannot be held liable, if any community member becomes infected with COVID-19.
I have read this document and understand it is my responsibility as a member of the Dominican community to uphold the Caritas Commitment.