Welcome to the Brennan School of Business
You’re a newly accepted student in the Brennan School of Business. So now what?
Register for Classes
Schedule a phone or campus appointment with your new advisor, Professor David Aron, to register for your first semester of classes.
RSVP for Orientation
The next graduate business orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1, 2019. If you are unable to attend, please take the following steps:
- Go to the Registrar (Lewis Hall, First floor, Room 115) and request your schedule be printed for you. You will be asked for your Student ID number for verification.
- To buy a parking permit, take your schedule to the Student Accounts office (Lewis Hall, Room 119) and fill out a parking permit form. The parking permit form may also be completed online; please learn more about the process here. You will need to pay the fee for your parking permit at Student Accounts or online (see Step 2 in the parking permit link above). You will receive a receipt for your payment. Take your receipt to the IT Support Center (Lewis Hall, Room 048). Present your receipt, a valid driver’s license, and your vehicle registration to obtain your parking pass.
- Fill out a Star Card application in order to obtain your Student ID card. There is no charge for the ID card.
- The application is available in the Support Center (Lewis Hall, Room 048) or online. Fill it out, print, and take with you to the Support Center. You will need another form of ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, in order to pick up your card. Note: You can also pick up your ID card at orientation.
When You Get Home or After Registration
Look for an email from our Information Technology department within 24 hours of registration. It will provide you with the steps you need to set up your Dominican email address, username, and password. Once you set up your Dominican email address, all communications from the university, your professors, etc. will come to this email address.
Purchase your Textbooks
Textbooks can be purchased at the Stepan Bookstore on the first floor of Power Hall.
- You can contact the bookstore at (708) 524-6983 or online. More information is also available on MyDU (Resources>Offices>Departments>Stepan Bookstore).
- Make sure to have your course number and section available when purchasing textbooks.
Tuition is due on the first day of class and can be paid in the Student Accounts Office or online. A bill will not be mailed to you. Instead, you will receive an email notification sent to your Dominican e-mail address that your e-bill is ready to be viewed. Students who are not able to pay in full may elect a monthly payment plan for a fee of $45.00 per semester. The payment plan must be elected by the first day of class.
If tuition is not paid in full by the first day of class and a monthly payment plan is not elected by that date, students are subject to a $90 non-refundable deferment fee and ongoing finance charges.
- Methods of Payment
- Credit Cards. Tuition payments can be made using MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express. Credit card payments will need to be made online by logging on to MyDU, Student Tab>My Student Accounts. Payments will include a 2.75% convenience fee.
- eChecks. Student Accounts accepts eChecks through our online portal. You will find this by logging on to MyDU, Student Tab> My Student Accounts. Select the “Go to CASHNet” link. There is no fee for processing an eCheck. Convenience checks from credit card issuers, wire transfers, and company reimbursement are also acceptable methods of payment. Please refer to the Student Accounts MyDU page for more details.
- Tuition Refunds
- Full tuition refunds are only available during the first week of class and are on a declining sliding scale thereafter. In order to be eligible for a refund, you must follow the university procedures for dropping a class—prior to the University’s add/drop deadline for the term, you should be able to drop online by logging in to MyDU. After the add/drop deadline, drops will need to be processed using a paper drop form obtained from the Registrar’s office and signed off on by your advisor. It is important to understand that these procedures are the only ones accepted for dropping a class. Non-attendance/participation in class, e-mailing the course instructor about your intention to drop, etc. are not acceptable methods for dropping a class.
Fill out your Health History and Certificate of Immunity Forms
Students taking six or more credit hours at any of Dominican's campuses must submit the required health forms online prior to their first class. The Certificate of Immunity is a legal requirement of the State of Illinois. Fines will be incurred each semester for students whose records are missing, incomplete or not valid.
- You can submit your health forms in person to the Wellness Center or by fax to (708) 488-5072
- All health-related questions can be directed to (708) 524-6229.
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Department scholarships and financial aid in the form of loans is available to you. You will need to fill out a FAFSA (our school number is 001750). For information about financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid at (708) 524-6809 or email@example.com.
Apply for a Part-time Student Employment or Graduate Assistantship
There are a limited number of part-time jobs, several graduate assistant positions available and other positions university-wide. Visit jobs.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the appropriate staff or faculty member or contact Ben Muelller at (708) 524-6456. We are so happy you are here—welcome to Dominican!